Hi my name is Karen and I am grateful for YOU taking the time to view my page. Here is a little about me. I was raised in Syracuse, lived an amazing life in Southern California, and now living in the sweet spot called Ithaca. My three great passions are being a practitioner of Coaching and Meditation and traveling the world.
Karen is an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) through the International Coach Federation. She is a trusted sacred partner that holds both a PHR and SHRM –CP certification in Human Resources. Karen’s focus is helping people to realize and overcome belief blockages and co-create forward thinking action steps towards their established goals. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership from Chapman University and has taken various transformational leadership seminars including:
- Franklin Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Managers
- Anthony Robbins, Unleash the Power Within, 4-Day Intensive, Firewalk
- PSI Strategies for Life Success (Basic and Advance courses)
- A Course in Miracles, Marianne Williamson
- USC Coaching Tools Program, International Coach Federation
Karen has a deep profound practice of meditation which spans over four decades. The focus of her facilitated meditation sessions is deep breathing and awareness in the body. Her practice expanded into facilitated sessions both private and group settings and mini retreats. She began leading individuals who were curious about beginning a practice- opening it to all ages and levels of experience. In 2015 she created the Summer Series of outdoor group meditation in the South Bay- LA area. Additionally, she began a drop meditation group for Central Human Resources Administration at the University of Southern California (USC) where she held weekly drop-ins of both guided and silent meditations. In 2016 Karen taught the South Bay, Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA) group breath meditation in a loud restaurant demonstrating the inclusion of present moment sounds, thoughts, and sensations in the body. In 2017 led an outdoor Earth day group through guided loving kindness meditation, a fund raiser for rescued animals at the Sale Ranch Sanctuary in Temecula. Her sessions can include the use of wild-crafted essential oils, non-scented candles, Tibetan bowls, and short centering readings to seal each sweet practice. Karen’s on-going practices and trainings come from many sources including:
- Joshua Tree 5 day Silent Meditation Retreats
- Mindful-Way Awareness, Meditation, and Yoga Retreat– Joshua Tree (4-day retreat)
- Day of Mindfulness, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC)
- Mindful retreat, The Great Vow Zen Monastery, Clatskanie, Oregon (3-day retreat)
- Ayurvedic Aromatherapy with David Crow
- Plant Medicine for Holistic Nourishment With Sara Crow
Karen offers an integrated approach to coaching and meditation by blending yoga breath work, centering meditation techniques, journey boarding, self-care, and mindfulness practices to hold the space for each individual’s journey to their goals.
“My greatest Joy is seeing and holding the vision for the person and watching them forge a path to their goals.
Life’s a meditative Journey, take a Coach!