- This event has passed.
Gather Insight into your Website Traffic by Understanding Analytics Data and Trends
October 12, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am$30.00
About the class
This class will be led by Julianna Truesdale and Brandon Kelloway, Managing Partners of True Creative. This workshop is focused on providing attendees instructional information on how to setup, access, manage, review, and analyze their website traffic data and trends through the use of website analytics tools. This workshop offers small business leaders, marketing professionals, and entrepreneurs practical insights to understanding the impact website analytics can have on their business and how to use it. There are many website platforms, and some have their own analytics tools built in. This course will touch on a few of the website analytics tools that come built into specific website platforms, however the main focus will be on Google Analytics, which can be incorporated into any website regardless of the platform. Plus, Google Analytics is free to use.
Because this class is website-focused we recommend bringing your laptop, but it’s not mandatory.
In this workshop, participants will:
• Understand the implications website analytics can have on your business.
• Receive an overview of built-in website analytics platforms and their benefits/detractors as compared to Google Analytics.
• Learn how to create a Google Analytics Account.
• Learn how to connect Google Analytics to your website.
• Learn the structure of the Google Analytics Dashboard and where/how to find specific information, including overall website traffic, page visits, user flows, device usage, and more.
• Learn how to add secondary dimensions to your website analytics data to determine how website visitors are arriving on your website and the decisions they are making on your website before leaving.
• Learn the important marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) considerations that can be informed by first reviewing and analyzing patterns in website analytics data.
Website analytics tools provide a wealth of information that can dramatically inform your marketing decisions if you know how to appropriately review, compare, reflect, and analyze the website data. We look forward to seeing you there!